GET2LS will be holding its 2014 annual general meeting at 8pm on Monday, June 16th in GETNS, Newcastle. If you have already filled out an expression of interest form, are a parent of a child attending an Educate Together school in Galway, or are just interested in finding out more, we’d love if you could attend.
At the meeting we’ll give an update on our activities for past 12 months. These include:
- preparing a submission for the Minister for Education and Skills and the Department of Education arguing for an Educate Together post-primary school for Galway. This submission was largely based on a demographic analysis of relevant census data conducted by Dr. Valerie Ledwith for the GET2LS campaign;
- meeting with Paul Rowe, CEO of Educate Together, to discuss and advance our campaign;
- liaising with and learning from committee members of other ET start-up groups;
- promoting our campaign through information stands held in local shopping centres;
- increasing awareness of the GET2LS campaign on social and other media;
- ensuring our continued compliance with the Governance Code for the Community and Voluntary Sector;
- gathering expressions of interest covering over 300 additional children. This means that in total we have now collected over 900 expressions of interest from parents who would like their child to attend an Educate Together post-primary school in Galway.
We are very interested in hearing your views on the GET2LS campaign so if you have any questions or issues you’d to raise you can do so on the night.
Finally, we would be delighted to welcome additional members to the committee so if you are interesting in helping advance this exciting campaign please let us know either by email or at the AGM itself.
Hope to see you there!