GET2LS will be holding its 2015 Annual General Meeting at 8pm on Friday, June 12th in GETNS, Newcastle.
If you have already filled out an expression of interest form, are a parent of a child attending an Educate Together school in Galway, or are just interested in finding out more, we’d love if you could attend.
At the meeting we’ll give an update on our activities for past 12 months. These include:
- preparing a 10-year analysis of enrolment figures for primary and post-primary schools in Galway;
- holding separate meetings with Minister Jan O’Sullivan and the Forward Planning Unit of the Department of Education and Skills;
- informing directors of services in Galway City and County Councils about our campaign;
- presenting at the Humanist Association of Ireland’s 2014 education conference;
- increasing awareness of the GET2LS campaign by winning the national Better Together video competition with a video created to promote our cause;
- increasing awareness of the GET2LS campaign through social media, radio, and national and local newspapers;
- increasing awareness of the GET2LS campaign through running a “My Dream Secondary School” essay and art competition;
- ensuring continued compliance with the Governance Code for the Community and Voluntary Sector;
- gathering expressions of interest covering 200 additional children. This means that in total we have now collected 1,077 expressions of interest from parents who would like their child to attend an Educate Together post-primary school in Galway.
- We are very interested in hearing your views on the GET2LS campaign so if you have any questions or issues you’d to raise you can do so on the night or you can contact us beforehand by replying to this email.
Finally, we would be delighted to welcome additional members to the committee so if you are interesting in supporting this exciting campaign please let us know via our contact form/email or at the AGM itself.
Hope to see you there!